Blather stats

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Tue Feb 3 22:19:45 PST 2009

Another scheme for retirement funds - you get to put money into the
fund with little assurance that the money will be there when you
retire. They are (or were) very popular with some firms until, oh,
about 5 months ago when the stock market crashed. As they are invested
in various stocks, bonds, and loans the financial meltdown wiped out a
lot of people's retirement funds. A lot of politics tied up in that,
including the last president's desire to change social security so we
could all invest in stocks. It would have propped up the whole mess
just long enough for him to get out of office.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41