Copper gaskets

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 4 07:41:53 PST 2009

The problem with copper is that it does not spring quite as much as a
steel ridged gasket.  So you can get leakage at the pressure areas of
oil and water passage. IIRC the oil passage is after the oil jet so is
probably pretty low pressure, but the water passage will be 10-15 psi.
  I still want to build a motor using permatex gasket flange maker as a
base gasket and see if it works.

Ernie