repair freeze plugs?

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 09:52:17 PST 2009

> I think my motor just blew it's freeze plugs. we've had a spell of bone-chilling weather here in DC recently (10F) and now I've got a good amount of fluid all over the place.

When my freeze plugs popped, it was a very clean affair.  If you
consider coolant througout the motor clean.  The freeze plugs, at
least the ones I popped, are at the top of the heads.  They can be
pushed back in using an appropriately-sized socket as a punch.

If you popped something on the outside, I don't know what it is and I
can't help you, sorry.  :)

~Patrick
--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650