fork oil level / replacing- reasonable quantity of oil to use?

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 17:52:11 PST 2009

Per my previous thread, I'm replacing the fork oil.  Poured the old
oil in a graduated cylinder and got about 300ml (minus a little
clinging to the parts) out each leg.  Shop manual says fork oil
capacity is 491ml, so either these forks leak a lot, previous owner
put a lot less oil in or capacity != amount to put in?  Basically is
300ml reasonable for forks with emulators?  Or should I hack together
a fork oil level and use the shop manual spec?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/