fork oil level / replacing- reasonable quantity of oil to use?

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:03:00 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Jim Stewart <js at strappe.com> wrote:
> Aaron Turner wrote:
>>
>> Odd, in my manual (page 6-16) says 102mm.   110 sounds like a good
>> starting point though.
>>

> None of this means anything if you've changed the internal components of the
> forks. Emulators, spacers of different wall thickness (PVC pipe), it all
> makes a difference.
>
> I've done a small treatise on the subject.  :-)
>
> http://www.strappe.com/suspension.html

Hey Jim,

Yeah, I know this is not going to be correct the first time.  I'm just
hoping to be close enough so that I've got something to work with at
buttonwillow next month.  I'm keeping detailed notes, but haven't yet
gotten enough data to start using a grid. :)

One other quick question: I assume people measure the oil level with
the emulators installed?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/