Head and barrel swap

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:30:40 PDT 2009

>> My race bike desperately needs a top end .   How hard is it to replace
>> barrels and heads on the bike? Easier to just pull the motor?

I did jugs and top end on my second gen in the frame.

I needed to severely modify a (22??)mm socket for the funky bolt
through the side of the frame for setting the tension between the
cylinder and the frame.  This may or may not have been necessary.

Working in the second gen frame is a dream.  It doesn't have the
crossbar through the middle; it really is a gaping hole with the
cylinders removed.

~Patrick
--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650