[SV650] Greetings and questions

John Treadwell DBSS_Gohan at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:24:32 PDT 2009

Bigger problem I just noticed. The oil looks like a milkshake. And My
coolant is down 1/4th of the way in the radiator, as yesterday... it was
almost full.
Blown headgasket.
Does anyone have any idea how much it typically cost to get one replaced? I
figure it can't be too hard to do on this, if it's the rear cylinder. If it's
the front it will be harder. I won't be able to work on it and get the
compression test results until Wednesday now, as some things came up. But
I'm wondering if I could get a good deal on getting a majority of these
things fixed... like the headgasket, some oil leaks... chain and sprokets
and tires.... I'm imagining the price list for the parts will be something
like this...
Sprockets front and back - 60
Chain - 60
Headgasket - 50
Seals - 20
Tires - 260-300 installed from a stealership
(Does anyone know If you can get better deals on tires online?)

Anyone have any idea what labor might cost me on these things If I have
someone else do it?

Looking at the diagrams, it doesent look too difficult to pull the heads,
and I probably need to for valve adjustments anyway, But I just wonder if it
would be more worth my time to let someone else do the work instead. But It
might cost far too much and I need to do it myself. lol
Looks like the carbs are at least less of a worry than before.
Thanks again,
--John