Netiquette

Beth hacktastic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:08:20 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Greg Maust<gmaust at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's still frustrating that people won't take 3 seconds to cut off the novel
> at the bottom or top of their post. I'm on gmail, but I'm also on digest. So
> I waste a lot of time finding replies inside mountains of unnecessarily
> quoted and nested text.
> Greg

Oook, I'll be nice. I was doing it to piss off patton, not you. As
Chriss said, if you are in digest mode, gmail can't parse the email
and get rid of the extraneous crizzap.

This is actually an interesting thing, as I'm implementing a Splunk
server to monitor the environment at my company. I'm learning that
it's better to just throw everything at it, unfiltered/unformatted,
and allow Splunk eat it and poop out everything all nicely indexed.
Not unlike Gmail and crazy long emails with tons of sloppy FWDs and