Screwed

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 19:22:09 PDT 2009

Hmm. Biggest problem is damage to the carcass. Car tires flex mostly
in one dimension being flat from sidewall to sidewall. Bike carcasses
flex in 2 dimensions making a plug much harder to stay put and putting
far more stress on cut cords. I have plugged them with good results
but I'd feel better with a plug-patch combo. You COULD put a tube in
it, but who has them anymore?

I had a failure last week - first front I've ever lost on the street.
Expecting a screw I almost just put a plug in, but having spare
takeoffs (Supercorsas) I just grabbed on to swap. Good thing - a steel
cord had broken a couple of wires and punctured the inner layer.
Apparently my 80 mile daily commute is a bit much, I've never seen a
failure like that before.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41