good alternatives to Vesrah pads?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Thu Mar 19 11:39:56 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:16 AM, andy at prestonmedina.com wrote:
> Although only on the street,

As I've gotten faster I've found that what I need on the street and
what I need on the track are nearly polar opposites.  The street pad
needs to work on a cold, damp morning at slow speed for the first stop
sign.   The racing pad needs to deliver maximum stopping power at high
heat.

I use galfer on the street and used to use them on the track and used
to love them.  But when the Vesrah pads first came in the wrong type,
I borrowed a set of Galfer's new "track and sport" pad for an Infineon
and found myself turning into a deeply religious person, going into
every single corner squeezing the living crap out of the brake and
waiting waiting waiting for it to do something.  It was a nightmare.

So I'll check these out, but I'm deeply cautious at this point about
anything used safely by street riders.

#553 WERA / AFM
#53 SMRRC