good alternatives to Vesrah pads?

Chris Burgess chris at
Thu Mar 19 11:54:24 PDT 2009

The last year I had my SV as a Supersport I was using the CP9.11 pads from
Ferodo.  They worked great for me and were very similiar to the SBS
Dual-Carbon's which were discontinued for the SV.  So for a race environment
I believe the CP9.11's are great.  They do require heat to work so just
remember that when you first pull out for your session.  Usually it was the
first session of the day and the one after lunch that was the biggest issue.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Jo Rhett <jorhett at>wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:16 AM, andy at wrote:
>> Although only on the street,
> As I've gotten faster I've found that what I need on the street and what I
> need on the track are nearly polar opposites.  The street pad needs to work
> on a cold, damp morning at slow speed for the first stop sign.   The racing
> pad needs to deliver maximum stopping power at high heat.
> I use galfer on the street and used to use them on the track and used to
> love them.  But when the Vesrah pads first came in the wrong type, I
> borrowed a set of Galfer's new "track and sport" pad for an Infineon and
> found myself turning into a deeply religious person, going into every single
> corner squeezing the living crap out of the brake and waiting waiting
> waiting for it to do something.  It was a nightmare.
> So I'll check these out, but I'm deeply cautious at this point about
> anything used safely by street riders.
> --
> Jo Rhett /  velociRaptor Racing
> #553 WERA / AFM