Back fire back fire back fire

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 22 11:16:42 PDT 2009

I am putting the race bike back together. Flatslides and gen two cams.
It ran well last year, and now I can NOT get it running well.  It
starts and idles fairly well but will NOT take throttle. It backfires
through the cannister and sometimes the front carb.   I have checked
and changed plugs, redid the plug wires, checked spark, and checked the
coil connections. .Fresh gas.  Good battery. Anyone have any
suggestions?

Ernie

I guess i will take a set of good carbs from a street bike and throw
them on and see if that changes anything. It will narrow the search
down anyway.

Yesterday I got it running after some sputtering and backfiring and it
ran perfectly, took gas well.  Now it  is back to not taking throttle.