Bad Bad Bike

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 24 17:09:20 PDT 2009

Well I think this is a tentative YES!!   After making sure the carbs
were not the issue ( that piece of rubber in the bowl threw me), I know
it's the ignition. I also double checked the valve adjustment and cam
timing.  Both right on.

So I checked the signal generator resistance.  Ah HAH!    98 ohms, half
of what it should be. Tomorrow I'll replace the stator/signal generator
and that should do it.  Given that the symptoms are perfect for a bad
signal generator... Runs fine at low rpm, won't take throttle, the
signal to the ignitor is scattered. Replacing the ignitor did nothing,
so I suspect this is it.

And on top of that I am in the running for POST WHORE OF THE MONTH on
the SV list.

Ernie