Front End

Gregg Wagner greggwag at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 14:32:59 PDT 2009

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I will check the tubes for straightness
when I have the whole thing apart. When I'm aligning the front end, I
usually loosen the upper clamps and keep the lowers tight, since the
lowers are the ones that do the most clamping/aligning (am I right
about that?), loosen the fender bolts and the axle clamping bolts.
Then I pump the front end and tighten everything up again. I suppose
the metal brace inside the fender could be bent as well--I've had
trouble with those on other bikes in the past.

Gregg