Cam chain tensioners

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun May 17 10:59:11 PDT 2009

Interesting! I'd think that there would be more loss with cam timing
on a manual adjuster than the parasitic losses, but it just goes to
show that analysis does not beat testing.

FWIW I know of a number that have failed in this part of the country,
but (IIRC) they were mostly on GSXRs. I did see several that failed to
hold on one of my engines; had to replace - and they weren't that old.
Randy Grein, WMRRA #41