Cam chain tensioners

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun May 17 14:26:43 PDT 2009

Um, I think you're forgetting that KC HAS done a lot of the testing
out there, especially if conjoined with that done by Factory. I'd be
interested in seeing charts too, but this isn't the first parasitic
loss analysis I've heard from reputable builders. Dan Zlock showed me
his electric waterpump. Testing on the Zlock Dyno showed a 1/2 HP gain
just from switching from stock to electric; there's no free lunch but
it would seem that the stock unit is sized to pump the right amount of
water at normal speeds which is way more than needed for racing with
the average RPM being doubled. .5 HP isn't much in a superbike motor,
but the little improvements add up. Add in any windage and oil splash
improvements, etc and you can get a fair bit of power without reducing
reliability.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41