Cam chain tensioners

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 16:44:38 PDT 2009

not really making a defense here, just used them both.  The OEM keeps
the chain really really taut, the manual does not.  And if the entire
length of the cam chain follower is bathed in oil it's not going to
really get much hotter at all.  However I know from experience that a
too tight rear chain will make it harder to turn the rear wheel than a
loose one.