Fork oil weight for Kayabas

David Anstine tlc at sas.upenn.edu
Fri May 22 08:38:03 PDT 2009

I'm not certain of the previous oil, I suspect it was
probably stock Suzuki L01. I didn't spend a whole lot of
time with the forks prior to the service, but I would take
the previous damping over what I currently have.

The service shop is still a little vaque on what they put
in, definitely Belray but either 10wt or 15wt. I would like
to try and replace the oil ASAP because this bike is
basically unrideable; I have both compression and rebound
adjusters wide open. Any recommnedations on a brand/weight
that would be readily available at a typical dealer?

Thanks.
-dave