Lean rear cylinder

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 10:04:27 PDT 2009

My rear cylinder is running super lean for some reason.  The header
interior is clean and light grey/white with no carbon. I am running
pump gas, which always leaves my headers a bit black.  But the rear is
very light colored, the front the normal blackish.  It's not a head
gasket leaking water ( at least last time water got in the combustion
chamber via head gasket it steam cleaned everything. The chamber just
looks lean, valves very clean and grey/tan.  I looked for missing
vacumn plug, bad slide rubber, plugged main jet, etc.  The mains front
and rear are 170s a range that has worked well in the past with the M4
system and BMC big mouth race filter (factory pro design).    Even if
it was the main I can't believe it would be so different from front to
back.

Also backfires and pops at cruising  2500-4000 rpm.

Bike is mostly ridden at full throttle on the track.

Suggestions?

Ernie