Engine prep

Wendell Crain wendellcrain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:59:11 PDT 2009

Good morning!

I recently picked up an engine and bits. My plan is to put together a
track-only bike for my son. The person I bought the engine from didn't
really know the history of it, he got it as a spare just-in-case. It
had canabalized for some screws and a cam chain guide. I've rounded up
replacements for the missing parts that I've seen. What kind of prep
should I do for this to get it ready to start? Is there something that
can be done easily and cheaply to make sure it's going to run? Then if
necessary, do a tear down and replace bearings and what-not?

Thanks!

Wendell