Engine prep

KC Gager kc at brgracing.com
Wed Oct 7 08:19:30 PDT 2009

Before you make a garage monster. How mechanical are you? If you have built
like a car engine, then you should be ok to get after an SV. If you have no
history on the motor. Then every thing is a question. You'll need to take
the whole thing apart. But first get the OEM Repair manual READ IT! The
whole engine section. 2 or 3 times. Or till you're very comfortable with
what you are about to do. Splitting the case is a pain with out the puller.
You can make on out of a 3 whole harmonic puller like you would use on a
Chevy. Once you take the engine apart part you want to replace is main and
rod bearings rod bolts rod nuts piston rings hone the cylinders, cam chains.
Look at the oil pump. Have a GOOD machine shop do a full radius valve job.
Then put it together. That where the fun really starts... or just send it to
BRG and we can built you something fun with a lot less headache :-)
Either way good luck. Be sure you take your time. If you have a question
DOESN'T assume. That ASS of U and ME gets really expensive.

The Home of A Sickness for Quickness
kc at brgracing.com
Shop # 925-680-2560
Toll Free # 1-877-ride-brg