Removing front sparkplug shortcut

Thumper Ray thumperracer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 09:30:01 PDT 2009

After following the directions in the ^&*$%() factory manual, requiring a repair and much driving to find a shop that could do the work and the correct tap, I found the shortcut to removing the front plug:

remove horn mount, remove all three rad mounting bolts, remove the left (the bike's left) hose from the rad, and simply move the rad out of the way to the right leaving the other hose and all wires and fan connected.  You'll want to have gloves, a bucket or two, and lots of rags on hand.

I also found that a wad of duct tape in the socket helps in both removing and replacing the plug.

Ray-Bob