100,000 mile sv finally dead (long)

Andy andy at prestonmedina.com
Mon Oct 19 18:21:57 PDT 2009

As my SV has over 120K on it, I've given the matter some thought :)
Given what it is worth, you really have to want to keep the bike running
to either buy another engine, or pay to get this one fixed.  You may end
up spending less than the buying another bike, but more hassle. I
occasionally check out Craigslist, and you should be able to pick up a
1st gen SV for your budget .. you might want to look outside the Bay
Area, maybe here in the Sac area, as then the chances are you can get
one that has been garaged, rather than left on the street in SF. For
that kind of money, you are looking at the Ninja 250, GS500, Ninja 500
and SV, along with some older GSXR's, CBR's etc. For my money, I think
the SV is the best bike.

Andy