Brake pads

Chris Burgess chris at
Mon Sep 7 13:58:16 PDT 2009

In 2008 I used the CP2.11 because SBS stopped making the Dual Carbon's for
the SV.  I never had an issue with the brakes wet or dry that year.  As to
feel they are very much like the SBS Dual-Carbon's but have a slightly
harder initial bite.

But honestly...stick to what you know for the final race.  You need to
really clean up your rotors and stick with the organics to run them properly
so why fight with your brakes when you can work on other things.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Randy Grein <randygrein at> wrote:

> OK, it's time to think about one last race this year. Traditionally rain is
> likely in October which is great for me. But it got me thinking about
> contingencies, and WMRRA has a decent one with Ferodo. (Yes, considering
> jumping from EBC.) Has anyone tried their XRAC and CP2.11 pads and can say
> anything rational about the difference? I know the former is a fully metalic
> and the latter is organic; does that mean crappy wet braking? Kind of
> important here in Washington...
> Randy Grein, WMRRA #141

WERA #104
OMRRA #104