Brake pads

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Sep 7 16:16:27 PDT 2009

I'm pretty sure you've got it right about organics being easier on
rotors, but I do recall hearing a number of complaints when switching
from semi-mets. The metalic residue worked into the pad surface,
resulting in poor performance until cleaned off by blasting/sanding
the rotors. The new bite surface would clean the pads and all would be
well.

Doesn't matter to me either way though. You've both convinced me to
not change. Checking the coefficient of friction showed no real
benefit in stopping power for a supersport SV and feel is more than
sufficient.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #141