raise forks

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 12 11:24:05 PDT 2009

Part of what I am dealing with is the shitty damper rod forks. Even
with the small hole plugged...  When cold the forks are too stiff, when
hot, too sloppy. 100 degrees at thill they bounce back so hard from a
downward push they top out twice.  When cold they ease back nicely.  I
will increase viscosity a bit.

So the front end comes back up way too fast, which is why it carves
nicely on trailing brake but pushes on trailing throttle I imagine.
Anyway I will add another 5 mm of fork raise and see what happens.  If
it is worse I will back it off ten and see.  Just changing the oil may
keep the front down enough.

Ernie