raise forks

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Sep 13 13:13:03 PDT 2009

True. Anyway Mythbusters proved you CAN polish a turd.

KC probably knows all about it, but the temperature sensitivity comes
from the need for high viscosity oil, which is why modern forks
(modern design, that is) use low viscosity oil. The next step is to
replace the sloshing oil damping with true dynamic suspension (replace
the damper/spring combo with a hydraulic ram and accelerometers to
soak up bumps), but that's more MIT than SV. Besides, it takes enough
power that it's more practical on an open class bike. And expensive.
Very expensive.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #141