2mm pistons...

Steve Robertson srobertson at ssimicro.com
Tue Sep 15 07:37:29 PDT 2009

I think you already have your answer but it all comes down to the numbers.
If they are high compression pistons you have to watch out for piston to
valve
clearance, piston to head clearance and final compression ratio. I put in
some
high compression pistons that were designed for a Busa and ended up having
to stack base gaskets (not highly recommended) to get a safe squish number.
The valve pockets were deep enough that PTV wasn't a problem, but I still
ended up with +14.5:1 compression. I will be looking for some unmilled heads
this winter to lower that last number :-)