[Fwd: DOT vs. Snell dogfight continues....]

Jim Stewart js at strappe.com
Mon Sep 28 11:49:01 PDT 2009

 From the BritIron list:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DOT vs. Snell dogfight continues....
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:56:27 -0500
From: Michael Taglieri <miket_nyc at VERIZON.NET>
To: BRIT-IRON-L at LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU

I thought the battle was over about whether the 2005 Snell helmet
standard lets too many Gs reach the brain, because they're
bringing out out a new Snell standard with lower Gs.

But it's not that simple.  According to this story in the New York Times,
the new 2010 Snell standard is coming out next week, but helmet makers
can keep using the 2005 standard until spring, 2012, so we'll be seeing
new helmets with the both standards in stores at the same time.  Let the
buyer beware....

  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/automobiles/27SNELL.html?ref=automobiles

Mike Taglieri  miket_nyc at verizon.net

           Everyone has his reasons.