non op vin question

Ernest Montague afm199 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 11:41:36 PDT 2010

They are never the same. All bikes in CA are registered with the VIN
from the frame.   The engine number is always different and always on
the registration. It's no big deal if you have a new engine with
different number to go to DMV and get the new number put on the title.
They will run the number on the CHP database.