non op vin question

Wade Bartlett wade.bartlett at
Fri Aug 20 13:54:39 PDT 2010

FWIW, in NH they only care about VIN. There is no official record of EIN in
state databases. It varies from state to state.
Peace -Wade B 

-----Original Message-----
From: sv650-bounces at [mailto:sv650-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Ernest Montague
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 2:42 PM
To: Suzuki SV650 Mailing List
Subject: Re: non op vin question

They are never the same. All bikes in CA are registered with the VIN 
from the frame.   The engine number is always different and always on 
the registration. It's no big deal if you have a new engine with 
different number to go to DMV and get the new number put on the title.  
They will run the number on the CHP database.

On Aug 20, 2010, at 11:22 AM, David kerr wrote:

> thanks all.
> Ein is a reference to the engine number vs. vin which is the number on 
> the
> frame. As of now they don't match.
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Jim Stewart <js at>
> To: Suzuki SV650 Mailing List <sv650 at>
> Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 9:42:48 AM
> Subject: Re: non op vin question
> On 8/19/2010 11:35 PM, David kerr wrote:
>> in California...
>> I placed a bike for sale earlier today on this list.
>> Question:
>> Do they check the VIN and EIN when you register a bike that was 
>> previously
>> no-nop?
> Nope. Just did that a couple of months ago with a car. No inspection
> involved.
> Uhhh, what's an EIN?
> -js

More information about the SV650 mailing list