wanted: '01 stator

Andy andy at prestonmedina.com
Thu Feb 18 20:41:45 PST 2010

You can measure somewhere between 50 and 80 volts I think on the three
pin connector across any two pins. Remember at that point it is AC. I
toasted my stator, it was pretty obvious when I pulled the cover. If I
remember right, I could measure decent voltage between two pins, but
between either of those pins and the third pin the voltage was way
lower. That is the burnt out coil. Also the output of the regulator was
only about 12.5V. The end result of this was that I could run two days
before the battery was so low it couldn't start.

Andy