any engineers in the house?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 21:52:20 PST 2010

No. Problem is in part clamping force, part in distribution, and part
in that the cranking forces are not going to be dependent on the mass
of the starter clutch assembly but of the crank, rod and piston, to
say nothing of compression ratio. Very unlikely it's going to need
half the bolts without breaking.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #141