yamaha master cylinder

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 21:54:29 PDT 2010

Um, volume can be ignored, as it is piston area times displacement. Or
you can use it as a measure of leverage...

The complete question is a bit more complex - it also involves the
coefficient of friction between pad and rotor, caliper/line flex
(which reduces effective pressure), and pad skew from wear. However at
the MC end lever configuration has an effect, as it changes leverage -
and throughout the stroke for standard master cylinders. None of this
is terribly relevant though, as MC diameter is the primary determinant.

BTW Jim, the leverage ratio of the hand can be found precisely by
summing the leverage and force applied by each finger. It doesn't
matter all that much unless you're comparing large hand/small hand,
but even then position will be far more important. When I switched
from stock to the EBC kit pads I had so much more stopping power I had
to move the lever position out (closer to the switch pod) to reduce
leverage.

Randy Grein