nonsvcontent: update on Gold Wing

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Jun 20 13:08:33 PDT 2010

I'm well aware of the speed-induced drop in mileage most bikes incur,
just not seen it this extreme. I think there are additional gains if I
can get the carbs operating better, from reports by others with this
model wing I should be seeing another 5 mpg easy. Oh, and I've heard
many reports of GSXR poor milage. Could be there's some valve opening
overlap that is letting mixture out at moderate RPMs or something else
due to tuning for maximum performance on the track.

I'm not about to pull a Chris Denzler - besides, this is the full
Aspencade with integrated fairing and bags. I might as well go whole
hog and pull the trailer too. (grin) No, if Damon is still up for it
we'll take my SV out to Spokane.
Randy Grein, WMRRA #141