First gen backpopping..

Morgan Jones morgan at morganjones.org
Tue Jun 29 16:46:53 PDT 2010

Here's what I did..  I was troubleshooting in the hot sun at  a track day so not as scientific as it could be..

I put in 2 new jets since I did bitch up the screw driver slot a bit and Street and Comp had the jets for $5 a piece.

What I think fixed it though was replacing a plug on on the rubber between the front carb and the cylinder.. I found the plug on my garage floor after getting the bike back from engine work and put it aside.  I swear it didn't pop like this when I test rode it around the block but perhaps it did.

KC--it has long backpopped just a little so the next change will be a needle change.  Also, your answer on my idle problem yesterday was right on.. I cleaned the idle jets and it idled fine.

I just got the bike back from some motor work so today was a shake-down..  a few issues had to be worked through.

Thanks for the help.

-morgan