Diagnostics help

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:23:26 PDT 2010

As Ernie said, check the exhaust headers for heat.  cold == not firing.

Could be a bad coil or bad spark plug, but more common seems to be a
loose wire.  Usually it's one of the leads to the coil, but I've also
had a short in the spark plug wire itself where it screws into the
boot.  If everything seems snug, pull the plug, ground it to the frame
and turn the motor over to check for a spark as you can get cracks in
the plug you can't even see.  Try swapping plugs to figure out you've
got a coil or plug issue.

Good luck!
-Aaron

--