Diagnostics help

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:33:47 PDT 2010

Well, this is embarrassing.  If there weren't so many people who were
so awesome as to offer suggestions and help, I would never admit this
to anyone...

To those who suspected an electrical issue and/or that it was only
firing on one cylinder, you were correct!  I determined it was not
running on the rear cylinder by using the "dump water on the headers
and make sure it vaporizes" technique.  I lifted up the tank to check
the wiring and saw the plug wire laying neatly across the back of the
cylinder head, under the tank where I couldn't see it.  Oops.
*sheepish grin*

Thanks for all the help, everyone!  Sorry it turned out to be a simple
"dumb ass" moment.  :)

~Patrick
--
2006 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2003 Triumph Sprint ST
2004 (race) / 2001 (street) Suzuki SV650