weird highbeam problem

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Mon Nov 22 22:05:33 PST 2010

Testing with DC 20 I saw positive 11V across the switch in the normal position.  When I flipped to highbeam the voltage reversed to -11V.  Makes sense that it's a polarity reversing switch, and that means it's good, yeah?

I traced all the way back through the exposed connector blocks and every one confirmed the same voltage on each side, so it doesn't seem to be a failed connector (Andy's reported problem).

And finally I replaced all of the light hardware with the front end off of my '02 sv650 (which is now a racebike) and that shows the same problem.  So is it down to being inside the front panel display?  Or where else should I check?

#553 WERA