Looking to buy a project SV for the off-season

David Chamberlin dwc at nautiboy.com
Sat Nov 27 07:38:17 PST 2010

I might have something for you.  I'm still debating whether I want to get
rid of it or keep it, but I have an 03 SV that recently was considered
totaled, though the actual damage was pretty minimal.  Frame is straight and
engine is good, though it does have ~60,000 miles on it (largely commuter
miles, and I maintained the engine well).  The main issues from the accident
were around the front-end, but since you're almost certainly going to be
swapping that out, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I immediately bought another SV (love the bike), so have been keeping the
salvaged one for parts and/or to turn into a track bike, but I might be
talked into selling it.

If you're interested, drop me a line at dwc at nautiboy.com.

-Dave