SV650 Digest, Vol 48, Issue 5

Brian R. Jones bjones at castlejones.net
Sat Nov 27 12:40:34 PST 2010

On 11/27/2010 12:00, sv650-request at micapeak.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 06:57:16 -0800
> From: Brad Gyger<brad.gyger at gmail.com>
> Subject: Looking to buy a project SV for the off-season
>
> Anyone have a beat on where I can pick up a project SV?
>
> I'd like to build a new racebike, preferably on a gen 2nd platform.
>
> As long as the motor runs strong and the frame is straight, I'm willing to
> work with the rest.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brad
> AFM/WERA #630

I have an '03 sv650s that has been sitting in my garage unridden for the
last two years.  The motor is sound, and I believe the frame is straight. It
still rides like it is straight, and is fine to the eyeball, but I cannot
swear to it as I haven't had it measured.  I did crash is hard enough to
bend the mount for the instrument cluster.   ...but not the forks, go figure.

Anyway, it's mostly stock except for a Penske on the back, a hugger, and
stomp pads on the tank.  I had had rearsets on it as well, but they didn't
fair so well either, so I put the stock pegs back on.

--
--Brian