weird highbeam problem

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Mon Oct 4 14:43:52 PDT 2010

On my street '01 sv650s I've got a weird problem.  If I turn on the highbeams, the headlights turn off entirely.  (like if I do this at night, I lose all light)

Symptoms:

   Headlights are unaffect, just when I put on highbeams

   When it happens, the blue highbeam light does not light (only way I know in the daytime)

   Fuse is fine.

   I have swapped all of the bulbs involved at this point, and the problem still keeps reoccuring.   I never know for sure if it is solved because it usually works after swapping bulbs.

   This comes and goes.  It worked normally for 2-3 months and I thought the problem had disappeared, but reappeared last night on a late night Highway 9 trip.   It seems to stay in one state or another for at least a week.  This has been going on for about 2 years now.

Is there anything else I should check or swap?

#553 WERA