losing 2 seconds on Pirelli tires?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 21:27:15 PDT 2010

Weird. I had little problems with Pirellis, but of course didn't race
this year. The secret (unless they changed totally again) is that
they're soft, as in carcass. Very soft. Suits me great, but you do
excessive tire wear unless you get the suspension right. That may mean
a trip to your suspension god, last time I talked to Max he said some
of the shocks had too soft a low speed damping curve and they'd kind
of bang into the tires. Or something like that.

The other thing is that they are very round not triangular, and you
have to steer a little differently. I'm used to it - toss it in hard
or rooooll it over slow, but they just don't want to drop into a
corner fast. Drop the front end a few mm to compensate.
Randy Grein