2nd gen, no fuel pressure - fast ticking from small black box.

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Tue Oct 5 22:54:16 PDT 2010

I just started to clean up the bikes and make sure everything is ready for next month (had 3 month downtime due to surgery) and I noticed the superstock '05 battery was dead.  I recharged it last night.  Today the battery is fully charged, but when I turn on the kill switch I don't hear the fuel injectors pressurize -- and I do get a fast clicking sound.

Tracing the sound I found it coming from a small black box just behind the battery on rider's right.  It's mounted with a suzuki rubber holder.  The cabling and mount look stock to me.

Checking my manuals hasn't clued me in.  I'm digging through the fische and not having luck there either.  Anyone know what this box does?  Is it likely this box is dead, or more likely that it's trying to fire up something else which is dead or possibly disconnected by accident when I was cleaning up?

#553 WERA