steel braided lines -- any trick to get fluid flowing?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Sun Oct 10 14:28:55 PDT 2010

I installed steel braided lines on my superstock bike this afternoon.  Obviously the dry lines need to have fluid pushed through them.  However, the basic bleeding procedure just doesn't appear to be working.  I've spent about half an hour and not getting anywhere.  If I pull off a bottom line and leave it hanging I can hear a squishing sound and eventually some drops of fluid will come out.  But it's just not appearing to pressurize the line.

Obviously I can go purchase a mighty-vac ... any other things I can do by hand?

#553 WERA