steel braided lines -- any trick to get fluid flowing?

Chris Burgess chris at
Sun Oct 10 14:30:49 PDT 2010

Leave the cap off your master cylinder and fill it up.  Attach a bleed
hose to the bleeder at the caliper.  Crack the bleeder open and leave
it open.  It'll eventually drain fluid though...don't crack it wide
open but enough for fluid to come through.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Jo Rhett <jorhett at> wrote:
> I installed steel braided lines on my superstock bike this afternoon.  Obviously the dry lines need to have fluid pushed through them.  However, the basic bleeding procedure just doesn't appear to be working.  I've spent about half an hour and not getting anywhere.  If I pull off a bottom line and leave it hanging I can hear a squishing sound and eventually some drops of fluid will come out.  But it's just not appearing to pressurize the line.
> Obviously I can go purchase a mighty-vac ... any other things I can do by hand?
> --
> Jo Rhett /  velociRaptor Racing
> #553 WERA

WERA #104