throttle cable mystery

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:00:16 PDT 2010

So ended up getting some lightly used "1st gen" throttle cables off
ebay.   Only of course, I can't see how they would properly mount to
the kill switch housing.  My old cables (on the right) have a tab on
the pull side which is held by a screw and the push cable screws into
the housing.  The new cables (pictured on the left) have neither tab
or screw mounting and the taper on the pull cable is too wide to fit
in the hole.   The new cables are also a few inches longer.

Would love it if someone could tell me if these new cables were
actually off a 1st gen SV 650.  Maybe there were two housings?

Picture: http://synfin.net/cables.jpg

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic