[MC-CHASSIS-DESIGN] Fwd: Steering dampers - a warning.

Paul Danger Kile dangerismymiddlename.com at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:29:40 PDT 2010

Our arms can do the same thing when we try to fight a tank slapper. I let
them go loose.

> Unfortunately, a HYDRAULIC STEERING DAMPER INCREASES THE PROBLEM.  In
> simple
> terms, the steering forces provided by the damper occur at a time that
> reinforces the weave oscillation.  The forces are out of phase with that
> required.

Randy mentioned Robbie Kastan's reverse rotating rotors. Here is Kastan's
Web site: http://www.reverserotatingrotors.com/ The invention proves that
gyroscopic precession hinders turning among other things. That thing that
your MSF instructor told you it? Yeah, he was wrong.