[MC-CHASSIS-DESIGN] Fwd: Steering dampers - a warning.

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 22:55:14 PDT 2010

Well, good luck Chris. I've gone through this myself, including riding
with injuries. But the 'faster lap times' is a strong hint. Often the
problem is in transitions, where you're at part lean. The tire may
have a bit of edge there by design, so the bike wants to be either
more straight or more leaned. Going faster puts you on the fatter,
flatter side of the tire and weave goes away.

Oh, on the bearings - too tight can cause the problem too, so make
sure to check for drag as well as slop.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #141