Rear brake light switch

Jim Stewart js at strappe.com
Wed Sep 29 11:55:04 PDT 2010

David kerr wrote:
> That would explain it. I have an aftermarket lever. I guess i can do without or

There's a clevis on the master cylinder rod that attaches to your lever.
You should be able to rig up a loop of wire through it and attach your
spring end to that. Or remove the cotter pin on the clevis and replace
it with a wire loop. Or use a long cotter pin and open up its closed
end, running a loop of wire through it. Or something...

Bear in mind that you adjust the actuation point of the brake light
switch by rotating the body of the switch after disconnecting the wires
from the top.

-js